These criteria are used to assess the success with which a Sacred Heart school has promoted building community as a Christian value:
- The School invites all its members: students, parents, staff, alumnae and members of associated groups, into active participation as a community.
- The School community welcomes students from varied socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. It provides students with opportunities to understand and appreciate differences of race, religion and culture.
- The School offers students a positive experience of community and a preparation for responsible citizenship.
- The School aims to prepare students to live cooperatively in a global and technological society.
- The School respects the rights and well-being of all who form the school community.
- The School participates actively in the Provincial and International networks of Sacred Heart Schools.
Building Community as a Christian Value